CCI Grand River Condo Podcast
Condo Experts Tell All: What You Need to Know Before Buying a Condo
May 02, 2022
Canadian Condominium Institute Grand River
What do a property manager, condo owner, board member, and contractor have in common?
They are the four experts sharing their knowledge and expertise on the podcast today!
All joking aside, let’s get into the ins and outs of what condo owners wish they knew before buying one! Listen to this episode to hear the different perspectives on…
- The unique rules of each condo
- Understanding whether or not community living is right for you
- Communication with property managers
- What is included in your condo (ie. property maintenance)
- The lack of control over the investment in your condo
- Some of the “uh oh’s” and surprises of becoming a condo owner
- Repair costs (that leak from your upstairs neighbour, yep you are responsible!)
- Parking issues/visitor spaces
- How to deal with excessive, consistent noise
Before purchasing a condo, make sure to understand what you’re getting into!
Tag us on Instagram (@ccigrandriver) and tell us what surprised you the most after buying a condo!
Connect with CCI: